Friday 13 July 2007

injured

I am properly injured... Again... Earlier this year I pulled my achillies tendon and have slowly managed to get it back on track. My latest injury is worse as I have no idea what is causing it!

It only hurts during or after running. It feels like a kind of sharpe cramp at the back of my knee and it really hurts. As soon as I slow and walk it goes away. Then after running I get some cramps too... This is not good for ultra running at all!

I think I have to stop running totally for the next two weeks and just do things like spinning and aerobics... Bummer

4 comments:

Oliver said...

Awww heck, sorry to hear it's got worse. Hope you can sort it out with some intensive stretching and a couple of weeks off.

Rachel said...

definity some gentle stretching, but not too hard i think. i suspect i have damaged a hanstring tendon or ligament where it meets the knee. instead i think spinning and swimming are the way forward

Anonymous said...

Swimming ... you said swimming ?

Rachel said...

i know i said swimming, you are right it would prob be a good alternative, plus it might help me get over my water phobia...